Hello knitters! Here is the recap of the Oct meeting. The Central KS Yarn Hop distracted me from getting this out sooner!
Show & Tell: We had awesome projects, but my phone camera did not take clear photos. Sorry, I will bring a better camera next meeting!
Program: Twisted Stitches
Twisted stitches remain very popular in today’s knitting patterns…they are timeless for many reasons. We explored twisted stitches during our program and practiced knitting them without a cable needle…which makes knitting them less tedious. Here are a few of the resources we used:
- Knitty’s article here (includes a free sock pattern).
- Knitting Daily’s great video here. (I do the 2nd technique, but can’t wait to try the 1st one…it appears to be the fastest/easiest).
- Berroco’s YouTube video –Here is another video.
There are tons of videos. Just search for “knitting twisted stitches” and you will find Continental-style videos as well.
CKKG Board Elections:
We received 3 nominations for the 3 positions, so the slate was presented and voted in as follows:
- Secretary – Shara Woodruff (new member)
- Membership – Lisa Mertes
- Education – Janice Powers
We are SUPER excited to get together soon as start planning some events & programs for the Guild! If you have any ideas or desire to help, please let one of us know. We appreciate every member’s help…that is what makes our guild AWESOME! Thanks for all of your support!
- 2013 Central KS Yarn Hop! Mark your calendars for Oct 17-20th for the annual hop. Details are posted on Ravelry and on the website! We have a carpool discussion on our Ravelry page.
- Charity Knitting: More than 160 hats were knit and donated to the Kansas Children’s Service League! Thank you for knitting hats for babies. We plan to support this cause annually, so I plan to leave one on the needles in my car for travel knitting. Woo Hoo!
The Nov Guild meeting on Tuesday Nov 12th!