CKKG is comprised of volunteer knitters. Fortunately, knitters are resourceful! CKKG leadership is comprised of a volunteer Board Members & CKKG Members. The Board Members are primarily responsible for maintaining the daily operations of the guild, maintaining communication with members and organizing meetings and events. If you are interested in helping out, please let us know! The more active members, the better the guild! In order to establish CKKG, a Board was developed to complete all the necessary tasks of maintaining an organization.
The 2017-2018 CKKG Board:
Chair: Sandee Zerger
Vice-Chair: Jeannie Price
Secretary: Nancy Davis
Treasurer: Debbe Jantz
At Large Members: Jeanne Grove, Karen Schlabaugh, and Ashley Smith
CKKG members come from all over the central region of Kansas (primarily Harvey, McPherson, Butler, Sedgwick & Reno counties) which gives our group a diverse flavor of knitting styles & friendship! Friends are always welcome to come and check out our monthly meetings and participate in our events. So, grab your knitting & a friend and come join us on the 2nd Tuesday evening from 6-8pm in Newton. (we have several groups that carpool from Wichita & McPherson)
Benefits of Membership include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly CKKG Meetings (Show & Tell, speakers, educational knitting programs, hot knitting trends/patterns/techniques, friendship, food and lots of FUN)
- CKKG Events (early registration & discount) – usually one larger trip each year & smaller events throughout
- CKKG Knit-a-Longs and events throughout the year
- Mentoring Program for new knitters – we can match you up with another knitter for advice & support as you begin
- Community Service/Charity projects to support the community
Annual Memberships run March – February (pro-rated memberships available). Anyone who joins in Jan or Feb will automatically receive a full year’s membership!
If you would like to join now, please click the PayPal button below! You can also pay in-person at any of our events or monthly meetings. We also except checks by mail. We will email you a welcome email as soon as we receive your information. Thanks and welcome!
If you have any questions or comments, email us at CentralKsKnittersGuild@gmail.com or post a reply!