April 28, 2018
Article I – Name and Definition
- The name of the organization shall be Central KS Knitter’s Guild (hereafter known as CKKG).
- This organization shall be unincorporated and registered in the State of Kansas as an Association. The EIN number for CKKG is 45-2502118.
Article II – Purpose
- CKKG is organized as a community club for the purpose of the furtherance of knitting.
- CKKG intends to provide a forum wherein individuals with common interests may promote the art of knitting within the central Kansas community by offering a meeting place for all knitters from beginning to advanced skill levels.
Article III – Membership
- Membership shall be open to any person with an interest in supporting the purposes, activities, and objectives of CKKG by application and payment of dues, regardless of race, creed, color, or sex.
- The Board reserves the right to revoke membership at any time due to negative conduct of a member.
- Prospective members may attend one meeting as a guest before being required to pay dues.
- The Treasurer shall receive dues.
- Membership needs to be renewed annually.
- Dues are established annually by the board. For students, the dues will be $12.00 per year and due in March; for others, the dues will be $25.00 per year and due in March.
Article IV – Officers
- At a minimum, the Officers of CKKG shall consist of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and three at-large members. In addition, a Media consultant may be engaged for the Blog and pictures, among other duties.
- The Board shall be responsible for conducting the business of CKKG at meetings and elsewhere as required.
- The Board shall meet to discuss and plan activities and goals of CKKG. A quorum shall consist of four members.
- Vacancies on the Board shall be filled by appointment of the Chair with the approval of the remaining Board Members. The officer so elected shall serve only until the next general election.
- Duties of the Officers:
- Chair: shall preside over all meetings of CKKG and shall coordinate the activities of CKKG. The Chair shall perform all other duties as required. The term for this position will be three years.
- Vice-Chair: shall act in place of the Chair in his/her absence or upon request by the Chair. The term for this position will be three years.
- Secretary: shall serve as recorder at all meetings. The Secretary shall perform other such duties as required. The term for this position will be three years.
- Treasurer: shall maintain the financial records of CKKG; shall collect all dues, assessments, contributions, donations, and other items of value; and shall report the financial status of CKKG to the membership and Board at meetings. The Treasurer shall perform other duties as required. The term of the position will be three years.
- At-large members will focus on activities as needed. The term of the position will be 1 year.
- All officer positions are limited to 2 consecutive terms.
|Position||Term Limit||Election||Starting Year||Ending Year|
|Chair||3 years||Odd # years||2016||2019|
|Vice Chair||3 years||Odd # years||2016||2019|
|Treasurer||3 years||Odd # years||2016||2019|
|Secretary||3 years||Even # years||2017||2020|
|At-large (1)||1 year||Annually||2018||2019|
|At-large (2)||1 year||Annually||2018||2019|
|At-large (3)||1 year||Annually||2018||2019|
Article V – Meetings
- Meetings will be held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (unless meetings coincide with planned event/strips) from 6pm to 8pm.
- A quorum at a meeting shall consist of the members present, but in no case less than five (5) members, of which at least one must be a Board Member.
Article VI – Amendments
- Amendments to these By-lays shall be a two-thirds majority votes of the Board.
Article VII – Finances
- The fiscal year of CKKG shall be March 1 through the last day of February.
- Checks or withdrawals from CKKG funds shall require only one signature of the Board. All Board members are required to be authorized account members.
- Only the Treasurer will hold the account checkbook.
- Only the Treasurer will have access to debit cards.
- All funds received or disbursed for CKKG purposes shall be recorded in the Treasurer’s accounts.
- The Treasurer shall account for and preserve the integrity of special types of funds, such as funds contributed for specific use(s), special CKGG projects with substantial financial significance, capital reserves, and the like.
- Before purchase permission is given, the treasurer must approve purchase and have the following information:
- List of items expected to be purchased
- Reason purchase is necessary
- Before any purchase is made, the treasurer must be consulted and give the individual the following information:
- Account Balance
- Amount that can be spent (if any)
- If the treasurer cannot be reached, the individual must obtain permission from the chair.
- If the chair cannot be reached NO purchase may be made
- If the chair is reachable, the chair must obtain all of the information in line item #7 and give the information in line item #8
- The treasure must be contacted immediately after an authorized purchase is made and notified of the final amount and items bought and must be given the purchase receipt.
- The CKKG account cannot be used for items such as prizes, food, beverages, and supplies for these items unless voted on by the board.
- If any of these guidelines are not followed, termination of said individual’s accessibility to the CKKG account will immediately occur and member will be required to turn over all checks and/or debit cards and will be responsible for reimbursing CKKG of any unauthorized purchases within 30 days of purchase date. This includes any overdraft feeds, returned check fees, bank fees, etc.
- Upon request, all financial reports are available to any CKKG member for review.
Article VIII – Nominations and Elections
- Any member in good standing may hold office.
- A nominating committee shall be organized for the purpose of nominating officers of the local Guild for the next annual term and such nominating committee shall be prepared to present its proposed slate of officers no later than the monthly meeting of the general membership in January. Nominations may be made from the floor, providing consent of any qualified candidate has been obtained.
- Election of new officers shall take place at the February meeting with new offices taking office in March.
Article VIIII – Local Yarn Shops (LYS)
- CKKG will remain neutral and fair to all LYS.
- CKKG meetings will not be held in a LYS in order to remain fair among all LYS owners.
- LYS sponsorship is allowed.
Article X – Procedures for Dissolution
- In the event of dissolution of this organization, assets will be distributed only to a charitable organization exempt under Section 501c(3), or a fiber related educational or social club.
- The Executive Committee will determine to which organization the funds will be disbursed.